Friday, November 19, 2010

What Did I Say ?

In my blog The Melting Pot Through A Cyrstal Ball dated 5th November , I mentioned about the Dalia Lama being a " honorary Indian ".

I quote today from   Paul Beckett's column in today's Wall Street Journal
“I am a son of India,” he ( The Dalai Lama)  declared during questions after his appearance at the Hindustan Times Leadership Summit in New Delhi. Not only has India been his transplanted home since he fled Tibet about 50 years ago, but “this body has survived by Indian daals, Indian rice, so therefore I describe myself as a son of India.”
He also considers himself a “messenger of India” .... because he espouses ancient Indian thought, especially the gospel of “non-violent action related with a compassionate mind.”
He also noted the India was the only country, in his view, where all the major religions “live together with respect.”

Need I say more ?

No comments:

Post a Comment